Banana Split Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Every time they visit, my children and grandkids request this fantastic frozen dessert. It takes time to assemble, but it's worth the effort when I see all those smiling faces. —Gladys M. Abee, McKee, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + freezing YIELD:12 servings
- 12 ice cream sugar cones, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-3/4 quarts low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon banana extract, optional
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the crushed cones, walnuts and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. In another small bowl, combine 3 cups yogurt, bananas and extract if desired. Spread over crust. In a small bowl, combine fudge topping and walnuts; spread over yogurt. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Top with remaining yogurt; spread with strawberry topping. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight until firm. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 619 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC