- 3-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 to 5 medium bananas
- 1/2 gallon Neapolitan ice cream (block carton)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and melted butter. Set aside 1/2 cup; press remaining crumbs into a 15x10x 1-in. pan. Slice bananas widthwise and layer over crust. Cut ice cream widthwise into ten slices; place over bananas. Spread edges of ice cream slices to cover banana and form a smooth layer. Sprinkle with nuts. Cover and freeze until firm.
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Pour over ice cream; freeze until firm.
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form; spread over chocolate layer. Top with reserved crumbs. Store in freezer (will keep for several weeks). Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 25 servings.
Reviews for Banana Split Dessert
"Many better tasting banana split desserts that don't require all this fuss. Sorry. Not a keeper for me."
"I made this years ago when we had large parties. It is absolutely wonderful! I will have to make it again because now I am very hungry for it!! I am so glad to see it again and saved it in my recipe box. I have always treasured this recipe."
"Best desert ever. I have made it with sugar-free ice cream and sugar free fudge topping. It is also excellent. We were making this in the 7-"s in WI. I made it today. Enjoy!"
"Although there are several steps to preparing this dessert, it is well worth the effort. I used Cool Whip instead of the heavy whipping cream. It is easy to put together and sooo delicious!!!"