Banana Split Dessert
Got a minute? Then you’ve got a fun, fast dessert with these dressed up, store-bought ice cream sandwiches from Ruthann Gregg of Prescott Valley, Arizona!
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon chocolate ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Gently toss banana with lemon juice; set aside. Line the bottom and
- sides of a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Layer one ice cream sandwich, half of the banana and 1/2 cup whipped
- topping in pan. Top with second ice cream sandwich, reversing
- direction of ice cream flavors.
- Layer with remaining banana and whipped topping. Top with caramel and
- chocolate toppings; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and freeze for 4-6
- hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Using plastic wrap,
- lift dessert out of pan. Discard plastic wrap; cut dessert in half.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (prepared with reduced-fat whipped topping and fat-free ice cream toppings) equals 383 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium,