Banana Split Dessert Recipe
Got a minute? Then you’ve got a fun, fast dessert with these dressed up, store-bought ice cream sandwiches from Ruthann Gregg of Prescott Valley, Arizona!
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon chocolate ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Gently toss banana with lemon juice; set aside. Line the bottom and sides of a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Layer one ice cream sandwich, half of the banana and 1/2 cup whipped topping in pan. Top with second ice cream sandwich, reversing direction of ice cream flavors.
- Layer with remaining banana and whipped topping. Top with caramel and chocolate toppings; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Using plastic wrap, lift dessert out of pan. Discard plastic wrap; cut dessert in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Dessert in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p25
Reviews for Banana Split Dessert(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >