Banana Split Cream Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 12 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 large or 2 medium bananas, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour and salt all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside.
- 3. Fill each puff with a scoop of ice cream and top with fruit. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce. Replace tops and serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 327 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Banana Split Cream Puffs
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.