Banana Split Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, divided
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 maraschino cherries, divided
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine bananas and 2 tablespoons reserved juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain bananas, discarding juice. Arrange bananas over bottom of crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice. Gradually beat in sherbet. Gradually add pudding mix; beat 2 minutes longer. Refrigerate 1/3 cup pineapple until serving; fold remaining pineapple into cream cheese mixture. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping; spread evenly over banana slices. Freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Chop three maraschino cherries and pat dry; arrange cherries and reserved pineapple around edge of pie. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel topping. Dollop remaining whipped topping onto center of pie. Sprinkle with pecans; top with remaining cherry. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Banana Split Cheesecake(11)
Sort By :
Another recipe for a tropical punch also called for pineapple sherbet and I've been to 5 stores and starting to believe it doesn't exist! lol Does ANYONE know who carries it??
it was good, but I left off the marachino cherries and the chocolate and caramel syrup because I had a diabetic guest who turned down a serving of glazed carrots so he could eat the dessert. We didn't miss the cherries or the syrup. However, 1/3 cup of pineapple wasn't enough to sprinkle on top. Next time I'll put all the pineapple in the filling. Carolyn Williamson
This was awesome. My husband loved it
This recipe is wonderful. Could not find the pineapple sherbert so I used orange sherbert. Oh boy, could not imagine it tasting any better. Made it for two birthday celebrations and it was a BIG hit. Absolutely Yummy! Husband has told me not to lose this recipe.
Actually because of lent I have not made this yet, but will on Easter. I live in L.A. - and "typical midwest" means, get the same taste at the end, but brad about how you had to cook the pineapple have special imported cherries etc. Now that I think of it I will add fresh pineapple to the topping, YUM
More Recipe Collections
- Banana Pie Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >