Banana Split Cheesecake Recipe
This fruity dessert makes a light and festive treat that’s sure to dazzle friends and family at the end of any meal. Top the tempting sweet with syrup, caramel and pecans for an ooey-gooey look and mouthwatering taste. —Cherie Sweet, Evansville, Indiana
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, divided
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 maraschino cherries, divided
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine bananas and 2 tablespoons reserved juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain bananas, discarding juice. Arrange bananas over bottom of crust; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice. Gradually beat in sherbet. Gradually add pudding mix; beat 2 minutes longer. Refrigerate 1/3 cup pineapple until serving; fold remaining pineapple into cream cheese mixture. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping; spread evenly over banana slices. Freeze until firm.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Chop three maraschino cherries and pat dry; arrange cherries and reserved pineapple around edge of pie. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel topping. Dollop remaining whipped topping onto center of pie. Sprinkle with pecans; top with remaining cherry. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece equals 247 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC