Banana Split Brownie Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine butter and cocoa. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture. Spread evenly over a well-greased 12-in. to 14-in. pizza pan. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool.
- 2. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; spread over brownie crust. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; dip banana slices in juice (then discard the juice).
- 3. Arrange bananas, pineapple and strawberries over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with pecans. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter; drizzle over top of pizza. Chill 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Editor's Note: Purchased caramel or strawberry sauce may be substituted for the chocolate topping.
1 slice: 448 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.