I made this extra special dessert for my kids one night and they still say it is their favorite. The topping makes the brownies amazing and they disappear so fast.—Lisa Hughes, Angelton, Texas
Featured In: Rocky Road Recipes
- 3/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the shortening, butter and cocoa. Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture. Spread evenly over a well-greased 12-in. to 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; spread over brownie crust. Drain the pineapple, reserving juice; dip banana slices in juice (then discard the juice).
- Arrange bananas, pineapple and strawberries over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with pecans. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter; drizzle over top of pizza. Chill for 1 hour. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Brownie Pizza in Country Woman July/August 1995, p38
Reviews for Banana Split Brownie Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review