- 3/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the shortening, butter and cocoa. Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture. Spread evenly over a well-greased 12-in. to 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; spread over brownie crust. Drain the pineapple, reserving juice; dip banana slices in juice (then discard the juice).
- Arrange bananas, pineapple and strawberries over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with pecans. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter; drizzle over top of pizza. Chill for 1 hour. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Brownie Pizza in Country Woman July/August 1995, p38
Reviews for Banana Split Brownie Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review