Banana Split Brownie Cake Recipe
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) fudge brownies
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 3 large firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Arrange brownies in a greased 9-in. springform pan, cutting to fit and filling in small holes. Spread with strawberry ice cream. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- 2. Arrange bananas over ice cream, cutting to fit as needed. Spread with fudge topping and vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with pecans. Cover tightly and freeze overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice: 487 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Banana Split Brownie Cake
"This was super easy to make and so yummy. I made the brownie from a store bought brownie mix in the springform pan. I used walnuts rather than pecans, but followed all other instruction. I will definitely be making this again."
"This cake is pretty & delicious, great for company or a birthday. Top with whipped cream. Used a dark choc brownie mix. Doubled up some foil to make a ring around the top of the pan so all ingredients would fit. Walnuts were requested, I left them nice & chunky. The bananas stay frozen enrobed in the gooey chocolate fudge. So good. You could easily change the flavors to suit your taste. Make it ahead of time, store it in the freezer. Everyone loves ice cream & this is super easy. Am so glad I found it. Keeper."
"This is a great frozen dessert. So pretty and nice that is can be made ahead. I used a brownie mix for a 9 X 13 pan and baked it in the spring form pan as another recommended. It makes enough for 2 cakes that way so be sure to have double the ingredients on hand. I used all strawberry ice cream for extra flavor and put a thin layer of cool whip on top. Everyone loved it!"
"This cake recipe has bananas, fudge brownies, hot fudge sauce and strawberry ice cream."
"This is amazing! Instead of strawberry ice cream I used cherry ice cream - wonderful! This is a great summer birthday cake."
"This recipe is very easy to make. I made this for a group event we hosted in the summer and it was gone in no time."
"This dessert always gets compliments. Everybody loves it! I baked the brownie layer from a mix right in the springform pan. Worked great! I'll do this one again and again!"
"Made this for Easter and the family loved it, along with a new york style crumb cake from http://www.crumbcakecreations.com. Both were incredibly well received by my nephews! They've loved bananas since as long as I can remember I'd recommend both for Mothers Day!"
"This was a really good recipe and so easy to make. Would not rate it as quick however. It does take some time to refreeze between layers but the actual prep time is short. Well worth the effort and such a big hit with all ages. How could you not love a banana split?"
"So simple to make and absolutely to DIE FOR !!! Great when company is coming for dinner and perfect year round."
"Made this for break at work - delicious! I made my own brownies and just fit them in the pan - turned out just like the picture. Easy to assemble, too."