Banana Split Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, chopped and well drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas and pineapple. Fold in the chocolate chips, cherries and walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Banana Split Bread(25)
Sort By :
My family didn't like this recipe as well as I thought it would. They thought it was too much like dessert. We have banana bread with soup and it didn't work for them. They said it had "too many things in it."
My family didn't enjoy this as much as I thought they would. They preferred a simpler version of banana bread. It was too much like a dessert. They said there were "too many things in it"!
YUMMMM ~ This is now my favorite banana bread recipe. So moist and just so good. I didn't add quite as many choc chips after reading another review but messed up and doubled the cherries . . . I think it was even better, but then I like cherry. Adding coconut like another reviewer suggested will be my next addition. Thanks for this recipe.
I made the recipe exactly as written, but instead of regular chocolate chips I used the mini cc....and only 1 cup. Plenty of chips. MMMMM good! Beautiful presentation as well. Thanks for the awesome recipe.
I followed the recipe exactly. Way too many chocolate chips. There is a lot of prep involved for a very underwhelming result. Did not put this in my "keeps" file.