Banana Spice Cookies Recipe
Peggy Burdick shares her recipe for Banana Spice Cookies. Reports this Burlington, Michigan cook, "My grandkids love these tasty soft cookies."
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs and bananas; mix well.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins. Cover and refrigerate until dough is easier to handle (dough will be very soft).
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 199 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC