- In a bowl, beat the egg yolk, oil and bananas. Combine the cake
- flour, 1 cup sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon,
- baking soda, nutmeg, salt, cloves, ginger and allspice. In another
- bowl, combine the milk, orange juice concentrate, yogurt, orange
- peel and vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients to banana mixture
- alternately with milk mixture.
- In another bowl, eat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks
- form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in batter. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube
- pan. Bake at 350° for 48-52 minutes or until a toothpick comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 piece) equals 216 calories, 4 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit.