- 1 packages (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S® or KNUDSEN® Sour Cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (16 ounces) powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped PLANTERS® Walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT first 5 ingredients with mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan.
- BAKE 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar.
- REMOVE cake from pan. Carefully cut cake crosswise in half using serrated knife. Place 1 cake half, top-side down, on plate; spread with some of the frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top-side up. Spread top and sides with remaining frosting. Press nuts into sides. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Banana-Sour Cream Cake
Sort By :
The cake was heavy, which wasn't the problem. I cooked the cake for 50 min. And it came out of the oven a nice brown and it rose well. When I checked on the cake to set it on a wire rack 8 minutes later, the cake had shrunk to 1/3 it's size and looked and tasted like it was still raw. I only gave it a one because I had to rate it. There wasn't an option ZERO, or 1/4. Definitely will not make again. Just awful.