- 1 packages (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S® or KNUDSEN® Sour Cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (16 ounces) powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped PLANTERS® Walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT first 5 ingredients with mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan.
- BAKE 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar.
- REMOVE cake from pan. Carefully cut cake crosswise in half using serrated knife. Place 1 cake half, top-side down, on plate; spread with some of the frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top-side up. Spread top and sides with remaining frosting. Press nuts into sides. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Banana-Sour Cream Cake Provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
Reviews for Banana-Sour Cream Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review