Banana Rum Sundaes Recipe
You can serve this mouthwatering dessert any time because it takes just minutes to make. The warm, sweet fruit and the creamy, cold ice cream create a winning combination. —Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and nutmeg until blended.
- 2. Remove from the heat; add the bananas, raisins, rum and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup banana mixture with 2/3 cup ice cream equals 452 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC