Banana Rum Sundaes for Two Recipe
You can serve this mouthwatering dessert any time because it takes just minutes to make. The warm, sweet fruit and the creamy, cold ice cream create a winning combination.—Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 medium firm bananas, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and nutmeg until blended.
- 2. Remove from the heat; add the bananas, raisins, rum and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup banana mixture with 2/3 cup ice cream equals 519 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC