Banana Rum Sundaes for Two Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 medium firm bananas, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and nutmeg until blended.
- 2. Remove from the heat; add the bananas, raisins, rum and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup: 497 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Banana Rum Sundaes for Two
"We omitted the raisins and used pecans instead of almonds (had the pecans on hand, needed to purchase almonds); we also used a dark rum that we had bought home from Antigua. This was excellent!!!!"