You can serve this mouthwatering dessert any time because it takes just minutes to make. The warm, sweet fruit and the creamy, cold ice cream create a winning combination.—Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 medium firm bananas, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and nutmeg until blended.
- Remove from the heat; add the bananas, raisins, rum and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Banana Rum Sundaes for Two in Taste of Home
Reviews for Banana Rum Sundaes for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2012
"We omitted the raisins and used pecans instead of almonds (had the pecans on hand, needed to purchase almonds); we also used a dark rum that we had bought home from Antigua. This was excellent!!!!"