You can serve this mouthwatering dessert any time because it takes just minutes to make. The warm, sweet fruit and the creamy, cold ice cream create a winning combination.—Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 medium firm bananas, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and nutmeg until blended.
- Remove from the heat; add the bananas, raisins, rum and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Banana Rum Sundaes for Two in Taste of Home
Reviews for Banana Rum Sundaes for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2012
"We omitted the raisins and used pecans instead of almonds (had the pecans on hand, needed to purchase almonds); we also used a dark rum that we had bought home from Antigua. This was excellent!!!!"