- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and nutmeg until blended.
- Remove from the heat; add the bananas, raisins, rum and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Banana Rum Sundaes
Sort By :
This is a really great way to get that banana foster flavor without all the work. My family doesn't eat raisins, so we don't use them. Love this flavor. Like someone else mentioned, I usually reduce the sauce down a bit more. We prefer it being a little more like caramel sauce. Certainly a keeper and you could easily use apples, pineapples, etc.
This had excellent flavor. Next time I am going to reduce the sauce a bit before adding the bananas. Pineapple would also be good with this sauce. (Pineapple Upside-Down Cake...)
THESE ARE AMAZING!!!!!!! Nuff said! :)
Made this again today - didn't have enough bananas so I used apples and bananas - also added chopped,crystallized ginger - yum!
Served this to company - very quick to make - I used Rum & Raisin ice cream instead of vanilla. Will definitely make it again!