You can serve this mouthwatering dessert any time because it takes just minutes to make. The warm, sweet fruit and the creamy, cold ice cream create a winning combination. —Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and nutmeg until blended.
- Remove from the heat; add the bananas, raisins, rum and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Banana Rum Sundaes in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p111
Reviews for Banana Rum Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review