Banana Raisin Bread
"Toasted slices of this moist banana bread are wonderful for breakfast," reports Jackie Kew of Grand Island, New York. "For a special treat, I sometimes substitute chocolate chips for half or all of the raisins," she adds.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose
- crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread
- machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to
- 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final
- kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add raisins and
- walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 140 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.