Banana Raisin Bread Recipe
"Toasted slices of this moist banana bread are wonderful for breakfast," reports Jackie Kew of Grand Island, New York. "For a special treat, I sometimes substitute chocolate chips for half or all of the raisins," she adds.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add raisins and walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 140 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC