- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add raisins and walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Reviews for Banana Raisin Bread
Sort By :
Excellent! Simple, moist, dense and just sweet enough. I was hesitant to make a yeast banana bread but I was pleasantly surprised. I will be making this on a regular basis! (I think French toast will be delicious with this bread, too!)
I can hardly believe there is no sugar in this, There is the honey of course but so small amount. I used raw honey. Great bread recipe!
This turns out great not using the bread machine too. Nice change from quick banana bread.
I was super pleased with this recipe. Most bread machine recipes I've tried are too heavy or too dry, but this loaf was just right. Nice texture and excellent flavor with the hint of cinnamon.