With fresh bananas, vanilla wafers and a snappy pudding mix, these creamy after-dinner sweets are shared by Margaret Wagner Allen of Abingdon, Virginia. TIP: You can also substitute your favorite fresh berries or other flavors of sugar-free instant pudding mix.
- 3-1/3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 32 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 3 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in three-fourths of the whipped topping.
- Set aside eight vanilla wafers. Place one wafer into each of eight parfait glasses; top with a third of the banana slices and pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with reserved vanilla wafers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Pudding Parfaits in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p53
Reviews for Banana Pudding Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review