Banana Pudding Crunch
Field editor Joanie Ward of Brownsburg, Indiana gives a twist to a traditional comfort food by adding a crunchy meringue-nut topping. It's a dressed-up dessert that's so easy to prepare.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mixes and sour cream for 2
- minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in
- bananas. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. bowl. Cover and refrigerate until
- For topping, combine the sugar, pecans and egg. Spread into a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes
- or until browned and crunchy. Cool.
- Using a spatula, loosen pecan mixture from pan and break into small
- pieces. Sprinkle over pudding just before serving. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 349 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.