Field editor Joanie Ward of Brownsburg, Indiana gives a twist to a traditional comfort food by adding a crunchy meringue-nut topping. It's a dressed-up dessert that's so easy to prepare.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mixes and sour cream for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in bananas. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For topping, combine the sugar, pecans and egg. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until browned and crunchy. Cool.
- Using a spatula, loosen pecan mixture from pan and break into small pieces. Sprinkle over pudding just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Pudding Crunch in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p65
Reviews for Banana Pudding Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2013
"Deliciously amazing! This recipe can't get any yummier or easy to make! Cold vanilla pudding, fresh firm bananas-yum!- and the nut crunch topping puts it over the edge. Perfect for a light summer dessert. My kids love it as well."