Field editor Joanie Ward of Brownsburg, Indiana gives a twist to a traditional comfort food by adding a crunchy meringue-nut topping. It's a dressed-up dessert that's so easy to prepare.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mixes and sour cream for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in bananas. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For topping, combine the sugar, pecans and egg. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until browned and crunchy. Cool.
- Using a spatula, loosen pecan mixture from pan and break into small pieces. Sprinkle over pudding just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Pudding Crunch in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p65
Reviews for Banana Pudding Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review