Banana Praline Muffins
Add something extra to the next time you make banana muffins: Pralines! This recipe replicates the taste of the lovely candy plus bananas.Debbie Fowler, Fort Benton, Montana
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups Bisquick® mix
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar and sour cream; set
- aside. In a large bowl, combine bananas, egg, sugar and oil; mix
- well. Add baking mix and stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Place 1
- teaspoonful of pecan mixture in center of each muffin.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool
- in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 9
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.