Banana Pound Cake Recipe
- 3 teaspoons plus 3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with 3 teaspoons sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas and extracts. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan (pan will be full). Bake at 325° for 75-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Store in the refrigerator. May be frozen for up to 1 month. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Banana Pound Cake(13)
Sort By :
This was one of the best recipes I have ever made. It does have issues with coming out of the pan but I put tinfoil around the bottom of my pan which kept it in place. Cool cake completely before removing from pan...so much easier.
I found this cake to be excellent. Very moist and not too sweet. I waited until cake cooled completely before removing it from the pan and it cake out no problem (all intact).
Planning to make/take this cake for husband's family reunion this summer. K.
This cake is very dense and doesn't have enough banana flavor in my opinion. I too like others here had it fall apart on me when I removed it from the pan...maybe due to the excessive moisture. Don't think I'll try it again.
I have been baking for 35 years. This is one of the worst cakes I have every baked. After following the recipe as written, the cake stuck in the pan. I had to dig it out. It was a tasteless mess and a waste of my time and ingredients.