Banana Poppy Seed Dressing
Here's a lightly sweet, refreshing dressing that lets the flavor of banana come through. A homemaker with four grown children, I have an extensive recipe collection. This dressing is so good over crisp greens or fresh fruit. Give it a try! Gloria Kirchman, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Salad greens
- Orange and grapefruit sections
- In a small bowl, finely mash banana. Add sour cream, sugar, poppy
- seeds, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange salad greens and fruit on a platter or individually salad
- plates. Serve with dressing. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.