Here's a lightly sweet, refreshing dressing that lets the flavor of banana come through. A homemaker with four grown children, I have an extensive recipe collection. This dressing is so good over crisp greens or fresh fruit. Give it a try! —Gloria Kirchman, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Salad greens
- Orange and grapefruit sections
- In a small bowl, finely mash banana. Add sour cream, sugar, poppy seeds, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange salad greens and fruit on a platter or individually salad plates. Serve with dressing. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Banana Poppy Seed Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p29
Reviews for Banana Poppy Seed Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review