Banana Pineapple Sundaes
I have served these at a shower. No sooner did I pass out the spoons than the room was filled with oohs and aahs.Mrs. Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, orange juice, butter
- and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes. Add the bananas and pineapple; cook and stir 1-2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with
- ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 tablespoons) equals 295 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.