I have served these at a shower. No sooner did I pass out the spoons than the room was filled with oohs and aahs.—Mrs. Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, orange juice, butter and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the bananas and pineapple; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Banana Pineapple Sundaes in Country Woman March/April 2005, p39
Reviews for Banana Pineapple Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review