Banana Pineapple Slush
"This sunny tropical slush refreshes on summer days and is perfect for brunches, showers, weddings and neighborhood parties," confirms Beth Myers of Lewisburg, West Virginia.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 8 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 bottles (2 liters each) cream soda
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) lemon-lime soda
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat;
- cool. Pour into a freezer container; add juices, orange juice
- concentrate and bananas. Cover and freeze. To serve, thaw mixture
- until slushy; stir in cream soda and lemon-lime soda. Yield: about
- 9-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free soda) equals 119 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.