Banana Pecan Torte Recipe
The state tree of Texas is the pecan tree, so this recipe definitely represents my area. A friend shared the recipe with me. It's been in her family for years and years.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 to 4 medium)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar in a small bowl. Add vanilla. Spread between layers and over top of cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 623 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC