Banana Pecan Torte Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 to 4 medium)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar in a small bowl. Add vanilla. Spread between layers and over top of cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 623 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Banana Pecan Torte
"Great moist and flavorful cake. Compliments every time."
"One of my most requested dishes at the holidays. The absolutely only thing I do differently is to make extra frosting. My family LOVES it! I even made it for the groom's cake at my wedding. It is elegant enough to WOW and every crumb was eaten."