Banana Pecan Torte Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 to 4 medium)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar in a small bowl. Add vanilla. Spread between layers and over top of cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 623 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Banana Pecan Torte
"Great moist and flavorful cake. Compliments every time."
"One of my most requested dishes at the holidays. The absolutely only thing I do differently is to make extra frosting. My family LOVES it! I even made it for the groom's cake at my wedding. It is elegant enough to WOW and every crumb was eaten."