Banana-Pecan Sweet Rolls Recipe
- 4-3/4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add the bananas, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 16-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Brush with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine the pecans, sugar and allspice; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 4. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each into 16 slices. Place cut side up on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks.
- 6. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners; sugar, lemon juice and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warn rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 32 rolls.
1 each: 159 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Banana-Pecan Sweet Rolls
"This made a great sweet roll. I doubled the recipe. The rolls came out so soft and nice that I decided not to add make the icing. On the filling I used about 3/4 cup of sugar & 2 tsp. cinnamon & omitted the the pecans & allspice. I also added 1/2 tsp. lemon extract & 1 tsp. cinnamon to the dough."