- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas, mixing well (mixture will appear curdled).
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost cake. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Banana-Pecan Sheet Cake in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2015, p222
Reviews for Banana-Pecan Sheet Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2016
"My husband loved this recipe! I will definitely be making this again"