Banana Pecan Loaf Recipe
We slice this banana bread so thick it is almost embarrassing—but we need fat slices to deliver ample portions of the Pineapple Spread. When beating the cream cheese for the spread, beat the cheese until it is as light and fluffy as whipped cream. —Lee Ann Miller, Millersburg, Ohio
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- PINEAPPLE SPREAD:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and pineapple. Serve with bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice with 4-1/2 teaspoons spread equals 275 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Banana Pecan Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC