- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- PINEAPPLE SPREAD:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, well drained
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and pineapple. Serve with bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Banana Pecan Loaf
Sort By :
"Wonderful! This is the best banana bread recipe I've seen in years. My family loved it!!! The pineapple spread was magnificent - and I don't even like pineapple!"
"I have been making banana bread for 40 years or more and this is the very best recipe that I have found!! My husband and I love the pecans (I usually use walnuts) and the brown sugar gives this bread a moist and sweet flavor. Thank you so much!"
"Easy to make and sooo good! Next time I'll try the pineapple spread!"
"Exceptionally good loaf! I love the cake-like texture and mild flavour. This is my new favorite banana loaf recipe."
"This is a good recipe, I substituted the brown sugar with brown sugar blend. That did give it an after taste, so next time I make it, I will only substitute half of the brown sugar with it. Other than that if was great."