With Sherry's guidance, Kendra Paige-Wrischnik, now 11, transformed banana and pear slices into this creepy crawler. "The girls' brother, Joey, was too young to help prepare the salads, but he sure enjoyed eating them," Sherry adds.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1/2 medium red pear, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 raisins
- Place lettuce on a salad plate; top with the banana. Cut 1/4-in.
- V-shaped slices halfway through the banana, spacing cuts 1 in.
- apart. Place a pear slice, peel side up, in each cut. For eyes,
- gently press raisins into one end of banana. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.