Banana Pancakes with Berries Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. For pancakes, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Combine the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; place 5-6 banana slices on each pancake. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- 4. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 414 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Banana Pancakes with Berries
"I loved these pancakes. I did not have strawberries but they would be great with those also. I thought the batter was a little thin but they cooked up perfectly. Well done Katie Sloan"
"I mashed 2 overripe bananas in with the milk mixture instead of cutting slices, The strawberry topping made them so special!"
"Made these this morning and they are fantastic! This is my new, favorite pancake recipe. I didn't have buttermilk so I made my own by mixing a Tbs. of vinegar with a cup of milk. Worked great."