Banana Pancakes with Berries Recipe
Field editor Katie Sloan from Charlotte, North Carolina writes, "With strawberries, banana and a good buttermilk batter, this is my all-time favorite pancake recipe. I even serve these for dinner occasionally with some crispy bacon or a slice of country ham."
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. For pancakes, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Combine the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; place 5-6 banana slices on each pancake. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- 4. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 414 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC