Banana Pancakes with Berries Recipe
Field editor Katie Sloan from Charlotte, North Carolina writes, "With strawberries, banana and a good buttermilk batter, this is my all-time favorite pancake recipe. I even serve these for dinner occasionally with some crispy bacon or a slice of country ham."
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- For pancakes, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Combine the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; place 5-6 banana slices on each pancake. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Banana Pancakes with Berries in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p22
Reviews for Banana Pancakes with Berries(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2012
Made these this morning and they are fantastic! This is my new, favorite pancake recipe. I didn't have buttermilk so I made my own by mixing a Tbs. of vinegar with a cup of milk. Worked great.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >