Banana Pancake for One Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup or spreadable fruit, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Combine the banana, egg, and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup or spreadable fruit if desired. Yield: 1 pancake.
1 pancake (calculated without syrup or spreadable fruit) equals 323 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.