Banana Pancake for One Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup or spreadable fruit, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Combine the banana, egg, and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup or spreadable fruit if desired. Yield: 1 pancake.
1 each: 323 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Banana Pancake for One
"Pretty good, my 10 year old daughter made these. They do turn out doughy in the middle if you don't cook them on real low and spread them out. I liked it that they have no milk or sugar and still tasted good! We may try to add a little water to thin them out next time so they will cook easier for the kids! We doubled the recipe and it made about 8 small pancakes. Would be fun to add other flavors to this."
"Next time I am only using half a banana. It was too dense and was still runny in the middle."
"Wonderful! And NO milk. What a great way to use up ripe bananas! Works well in the waffle iron, too."
"This recipe makes 3 small pancakes! We added pecans for some texture and pumpkin pie spice for more flavor. These pancakes are dense not fluffy. Will make again."
"This is a great recipe I am single and every recipe I have for pancakes makes way too much I tried this and it was the perfect size and it tastes great too!"