Banana Pancake for One
Get a delicious start to the day with tender and hearty pancakes from Carmen Bolar. The Bronx, New York cook experiments with different extracts-try coconut or almond in place of the vanilla.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup or spreadable fruit, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Combine the banana,
- egg, and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when
- bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve with syrup or spreadable fruit if desired. Yield: 1 pancake.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pancake (calculated without syrup or spreadable fruit) equals 323 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.