Get a delicious start to the day with tender and hearty pancakes from Carmen Bolar. The Bronx, New York cook experiments with different extracts-try coconut or almond in place of the vanilla.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup or spreadable fruit, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Combine the banana, egg, and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup or spreadable fruit if desired. Yield: 1 pancake.
Originally published as Banana Pancake for One in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p51
Reviews for Banana Pancake for One
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review