Banana Orange Salad
I came up with this salad when an unexpected guest showed up for lunch and I had to make do with what was on hand. I thought it would complement homemade soup, and it did. It's a refreshing salad that's also very attractive.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons flaked coconut, toasted
- Place orange slices in a bowl. Combine the honey and cloves; pour
- over oranges. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Discard
- cloves. Arrange greens on salad plates. Top with orange and banana
- slices. Drizzle with honey mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 133 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.