I have been making these treats for many years. I no longer remember where the recipe came from, but one thing is certain - the bars are always a hit at family get-togethers and parties. The secret to tasty banana desserts is the ripeness of the bananas - the riper, the better.
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ORANGE BUTTER FROSTING:
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in orange juice and peel until smooth; spread evenly over cake. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Banana Orange Bars in Country Extra September 1994, p47
Reviews for Banana Orange Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review