Banana Orange Bars Recipe
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ORANGE BUTTER FROSTING:
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in orange juice and peel until smooth; spread evenly over cake. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Banana Orange Bars(5)
Sort By :
Made these and they were a hit! I actually substituted equivalent coconut oil for the canola and only used 4 cups of powdered sugar for the frosting (because I ran out!) and they turned out great! Will be making these again soon!
These are wonderful! I followed the recipe and they looked like the photo and are delicious! I wasn't sure about the banana/orange combination but the orange flavor inthe frosting was light and just enough to complement the banana cake. And, oh, the cake - love the texture and the cinnamon is perfect.
Okay, I didn't get as far as making the frosting, but the cake by itself is wonderful! I didn't have the right size pan, so I baked the batter in a 9x13 for about 40 minutes and it was simply delicious. Even my husband (who doesn't care for bananas much) agreed this was a keeper. And, a great way to eat it is a la mode with butter pecan ice cream. Mm-mmm!
Easy and delicious! Everyone loved them!
Simply wonderful. The banana flavor came through real well. The only thing I did different is add 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract as I am a stickler for this ingredient in every baked bar/cookie I make. This makes a big batch, but they went fast. I highly recommend it.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Banana Cake >
- Bar Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >