Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
These pancakes have less sodium per serving than other pancakes made from mixes. Decrease sodium even further by stretching the mix with banana, oats and walnuts. In our house we just sprinkle these with a little confectioners' sugar, because the fruit is so sweet you don't need syrup. — Patricia Swart, Galloway , New Jersey
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2 cups complete whole wheat pancake mix
- 1 large firm banana, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepare pancake batter according to package directions. Stir in the
- banana, oats and walnuts. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot
- griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 155 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.