Breakfast is generally the only meal I'm able to share with my boyfriend, so I like to make a delicious healthy morning meal for us to enjoy. He's a pancake fanatic, so these banana pancakes make a regular appearance at the table.—Jennifer Walker, Denver, Colorado
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Sliced ripe banana, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, flours, baking powder, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. In a another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, applesauce and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in bananas. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups blueberries and syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until berries are softened. Mash blueberries. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard pulp. Stir in remaining blueberries. Serve pancakes with syrup and banana slices if desired. Yield: 18 pancakes (2 cups syrup).
Originally published as Banana-Oatmeal Pancakes with Blueberry Maple Syrup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Banana-Oatmeal Pancakes with Blueberry Maple Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review