Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg, bananas and oats; mix well. Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
Very cake-like, not something I would call a cookie. If you're looking for this sort of flavor/texture, I think you would do better by just finding a good banana bread recipe.
So moist and delicious, this is my new favorite cookie! The recipe worked perfectly, I substituted some plain greek yogurt for some of the butter and used 1/2 brown sugar plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar to keep my cookies soft in high altitude - it works!
great tasting, lots of Banana flavor, I used brown sugar, would make these cookies again
Wonderful cookies. Used coconut oil for butter, cut back on sugar , and used 1/2 brown sugar. Used whole wheat for half of flour. Golden raisins and toasted walnuts. Made 20 big cookies, baked 16 min. @ 375 to get them firm and a little browner. Next time sub applesauce for part of oil.
These are a very nice cookie. With or without nuts, they're a fantastic alternative to banana bread when you have bananas to use up. Don't be afraid to follow the instructions as written. They're different from standard cookie baking procedure but they work fine.
Use parchment or a Silpat to keep from greasing your pan.
I threw in a half tsp of banana extract that ramped up the banana flavor nicely.
If you add nuts, take the time to toast them before you use them. Your effort will be rewarded with wonderful flavor. I ended up with 3.5 doz using my standard cookie scoop.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >