Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
To help interest my kids in cooking, I started with this recipe from my own childhood. My mom made these cookies when I was young. Now my seven children like them as much as I did. We quadruple the recipe the recipe to serve our big family, so the kids get to practice their math skills and have fun at the same time.—Jaqueline Wilson, Armstrong Creek, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg, bananas and oats; mix well. Stir in chips and nuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 195 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC