Banana Oatmeal Cookies
To help interest my kids in cooking, I started with this recipe from my own childhood. My mom made these cookies when I was young. Now my seven children like them as much as I did. We quadruple the recipe the recipe to serve our big family, so the kids get to practice their math skills and have fun at the same time.Jaqueline Wilson, Armstrong Creek, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat in butter until
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg, bananas and oats; mix
- well. Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375°
- for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 195 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium,